Friday, November 11, 2011

Cotton like yer drivin by reel fast?!

I have two really talented friends who live in Natchez, Mississippi where they run an Interior Design shop. They are definitely jacks of all trades, well technically they are kevs of all trades because their names are Kevin and Kevin. More affectionately known as Big Kev and Little Kev.
Kevin Miers
Kevin Brodeur
Big Kev is an amazing artist and Little Kev can upholster the hell out of the anything. They sew, decorate, cook some of the best food I've ever tasted and lately they've been offering me styling advice on my apartment via skype. I walk around with my lap top showing them different corners of the apartment and they tell me- taller lamp, shorter lamp, add books underneath, take books away, get rid of that hideous tablecloth and so on... Lately, I can't get enough of Big Kev's paintings. I love everything the man creates. He could paint a black blob on a canvas and I'm offering him cash before the paint can dry. :) I thought I'd share some of his beautiful creations with you, just a few of the many.  He is insanely talented and I love that his paintings, while distinctly "southern" are not traditionally or stereotypically country. They are very original and unlike anything I've ever seen in South. I have one of his Mississippi River paintings in my apartment in Dallas and I'm hoping Santa brings me a Cotton painting for Christmas. (Fingers crossed.)

Enjoy---

Brodeur Gallery on North Commerce Street

Low River
Louisiana Cotton
Robin's Nest
Mississippi River



If you want more information or want to get in touch with the Kevs, you can email them at: kevinmiers@yahoo.com or check out their facebook page.

TGIF! Hope you are feeling inspired now! Enjoy your weekend.

--Winston

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm obsesssed with the river paintings....those are insane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE his paintings...the Stubbs have a bunch of them and that's how I first saw them. His MS River ones are my favorite, too. So glad you posted all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. The paintings are awesome. I was in Natchez a few years ago and enjoyed the southern hospitality there. I'll have to check out the Kevins' website.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete